First Impression: iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xr

Check out "My Life" original series! It's all about my life, things that actually happened in my life!- https://hwakok94.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-name-is-what-my-life-episode-1-this.html


Greeting, everyone!

This is my first ever "First Impression" series!

Apple just announced the new iPhone at the Apple September Event (Gather round) few days ago. I did not watch the keynote because the event started at 1a.m. in my country (Malaysia), It was pretty late and I felt tired that night. So I watch some of the hands-on videos and the shorten version of keynote. And I kinda started to have some thoughts about the 3 new iPhones.

Let's start with iPhone Xs and Xs Max


Credit to Apple


Credit to Apple

iPhone Xs Max is the bigger size compare to iPhone Xs. The design of the new iPhone is similar to last year iPhone X. But here's the thing, both new iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max have a new color, Gold. Let me tell you, it is absolutely stunning! I saw those hands-on videos on youtube, the gold color is no doubt one of the best color I had seen on smartphone.

Okay let's talk about the tech spec for iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max.

Same basic features on both iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max *
- Color: Gold, Space Gray, Silver
- Super Retina Display with True Tone
- 3D Touch
- Rated IP68
- A12 Bionic chip with Next-generation Neural Engine
- Dual 12MP wide-angle and telephoto cameras with optical image stabilization
- 4K video recording up to 60fps
- 7MP front facing camera
- Improved Face ID
- Improved stereo speakers
- Dual Sim
- Capacity : 64, 256, 512 GB
- Longer battery life than iPhone X

Differences *
iPhone Xs
- 5.8 inch display (2436 x 1125)

iPhone Xs Max
- 6.5 inch display (2688 x 1242)

Based on the spec, it looked fine. It didn't give me any wow except the gold color. Because there's only minor improvement compared to last year model. Of course, it's an "S" model. In my opinion, Apple is trying to catch up their competitors in term of spec. The other thing that made me feeling disappointed is the price. I think it's very expensive even for the base model of iPhone Xs. It started at RM4500 (USD999). That pricing is ridiculously high.

Final thoughts for iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max
- Amazing new processor with smaller size.
- More choices for users in term of screen size compare to last year.
- New gorgeous gold color.
- Still the same premium and awesome design as last year model.
- Longer battery is a plus.
- Price is kinda too expensive. You can buy Gaming PC with that price.
- Upgrade is unnecessary for iPhone X users. 


Next up, iPhone Xr



Credit to Apple

In the Apple September Event, we are not only getting iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max. We also get iPhone Xr which i called it "The Rainbow iPhone". It is because this iphone came with multiple color to let the users to choose. Colors included (Product) Red, Yellow, White, Coral, Black and Blue. The design of this iPhone is much like iPhone 8 on the back and iPhone X on the front.

Before I get into my final thoughts, let's check out the spec:

All of the components are the same as iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max
Except: *
- 6 colors are (Product) Red, Yellow, White, Coral, Black and Blue.
- 6.1 inch Liquid Retina HD display (LCD with IPS) with True Tone display.
- Single 12MP wide-angle camera.
- Capacity : 64, 128, 256 GB
- More affordable.

The price for iPhone Xr will start at RM3100 (USD749) which is more affordable compared to iPhone Xs. Based on the spec and price, I think this will be a hot selling iPhone this year. It has all of the attractive color to attract everyone. If I did not buy the Samsung Galaxy S9 plus, I will buy this iPhone because of the color. My favorite color is red. ;)

Final thoughts for iPhone Xr
- Amazing 6 shinning colors. It is very attractive.
- The price is cheaper than iPhone Xs.
- The display is larger than iPhone Xs even though it is LCD display.
- LCD display may not on par with the quality of OLED but Apple LCD display is still the best in the market.

Here's all my thoughts. Stay tune for more post... ;)

*The iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xr spec referred to official Apple website.



LIKE IT? SHARE IT. CLICK THE SHARE BUTTON BELOW.

FOLLOW MY BLOG FOR MORE POSTS. ;) 



Comments